FIELDS OF LAVENDER AND THE FEELING OF HOME

I sat on the train and headed to Hitchin, which is a village in the countryside, but very close to London and with excellent connections from where I live. There is a pleasant farm where they grow lavender. I found it on the web, and it just needed to see it. I actually almost did not go because my ego thought there are more »important« things to do. I was supposed to open a bank account, explore the city and stuff like that. A thousand and one words, which at that moment seemed more important than my desire. More important than the fact that my body, when planning this trip, was buzzing with joy. Well, fortunately, this time I did not listen to my ego and I went there anyway. 

I took a taxi from the station to the farm and when I reached it my heart was filled with joy. I silently cried inside from all of the excitement and gratitude to be there. When I walked around the field of lavender, I felt at home and hoped that I could live in a countryside someday. I was touched. It is hard to express all the feelings, but they are so genuine. I sat on a bench at the top of the field (Yes, the field is a little wavy, cute, and extremely big). I looked around, cried and remembered home. I felt like I belong. I know now how much I truly belong in the countryside. That countryside where you hear birds singing, leaves rustling and bugs buzzing. The sun was pleasantly warm, somewhere around 25 degrees, which is just the right temperature for me, and the wind was blowing nicely.

While I was alone with myself and crying, I felt like I was cleaning myself. Cleaning myself from the last clutter that separates me from freedom. I was there, so present and so alive. Such a good feeling, which I wanted to feel forever. It was all so unique and worth experiencing. No one around me wanted to change my schedule, take my moment, no one who would rush me; there was nothing in my mind, just me. And it was only up to me what would happen next.

I then sat on a mowed grass, quite close to a lavender bush. It did not matter to me that I might get my clothes a little dirty. I was just observing the surroundings and myself, my feelings. I was letting go... letting go of everything, which does no longer belong in my life.

I made room for new and unknown... for everything that still awaits me.

I later lost myself among the lavender shrubs and became one with them. I picked flowers, smelled amazing aromatic scents, and continued listening to the birds singing and the buzzing of bees and bumblebees invited there by the purple flowers. It was enjoyable. One could stay there for hours.

The earth is quite rocky, and this time it was also quite dry. When I walked among the shrubs, the flowers and leaves crawled along my legs and enabled me to enjoy their scent, which is immensely intoxicating to me. It relaxes me, and this time it filled me with gratitude. I am not sure if this feeling can be imagined if you do not experience it. I was grateful for everything given to me. Thankful that I was able to be there walking around. Grateful that my healthy body enabled me going there and thankful for everything that brought me to that point of my life.

I did not pay much attention to food, but I did get some chocolate with lavender and mint. It tasted good, but the taste of mint was so intense that I did not really feel any lavender. Later that afternoon I also got myself a piece of blueberry cake, which is supposed to be very popular there, but it was not really my cup of tea. It was a bit too sweet and not creamy enough for my taste. I also admired the horses walking alongside the farm, and I even got close to one. When I touched it, I felt a unique energy, which gave me a feeling of gratitude. 

I have had an extraordinary day, and the people there were amiable too. That happened because I attracted such people in my life myself. I have introduced the idea in my beliefs that people around me are friendly and that I feel right, which is why this is actually happening to me. I am grateful to myself that I did not listen to my ego and laziness that morning and went anyway. I do not regret any time and money spent because it was all so worth it and I am grateful for everything that enabled me going on that farm.

My dear readers, do yourself a favour and go on a trip that will make you feel the same. Even if the sun burns you a bit like it did me. It is all so worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog